"Unlike my friends based in the US who had easy access to professional help for B-School admissions I had a serious disadvantage being based out of India. To top it all the crazy exchange rates meant that I could not afford the US based consultants. It was during a random Google search that I came across General Education and I decided to give it a shot. I got a chance to interact with Anoop for an initial profile evaluation and he seemed very supportive. Satisfied with his feedback I went for the paid 2 hour session on detailed profile evaluation and analysis with Ravikant which helped me fine tune my approach towards application. Anoop's optimism and Ravikant's more realistic approach towards B-School application turned to be a wonderful balance that helped me plan my applications appropriately. Special thanks to the General-Ed team for all the help."
2017-2018 Common Application Essay Prompts
1. Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story. [No change]
2. The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience? [Revised]
3. Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking ? What was the outcome ? [Revised]
4. Describe a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma - anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution. [No change]
5. Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others. [Revised]
6. Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more? [New]